1/4lb Hererope Fit Rope weighted jump rope adds some weight into your workout, which will train your core, endurance and build muscle. But still it also allows you to chase some fast feet combos. Great jump rope for both beginners and advanced jumpers.
- 8mm pvc cable with wire core (weights: 115g /0.25lbs)
- slim mechanised ball bearing handles that spin smooth and the gorgeous leather grip feels amazing
- Supplied Allen key and screws this rope is easily adjustable (just need some wire cutters)
What rope length do I need?
If you happen to fall between sizes then we recommend the following guidelines:
1. We recommend that beginners choose the longer version. This gives you more room for error when learning.
2. If you have previous jumping experience or are generally well-coordinated, then it comes down to personal preference. If you want to focus on high speeds, choose the shorter version. If you want to do more tricks and freestyle jumps, then take the longer version.
How often should I jump?
For experienced athletes: 3-5 times a week
For beginners: 1-2 times a week
What type of surface should I jump on?
We recommend jumping on softer surfaces or using a jump rope mat as this will protect both your joints and your rope.
Do I need a jump rope mat?
A skipping rope mat is recommended to extend the life of your skipping ropes and to protect the surface you are jumping on. Using a mat also reduces stress on your joints.
Well made turns very smoothly the 4 ounce rope gives a good workout compared to the pvc rope I previously used. It is flexible enough for crossovers it will be interesting to see how long it last jumping on a rubberised gym floor.
Overall this is a good jump rope but the only thing some people might have an issue with is when it comes to cutting the "rope" to adjust the length if needed.
There is a steel cable inside that will require some cutters to get through.
Something like scissors wont even touch it and will ruin your scissors.
I recommend leaving it slightly longer to start just to make sure you don't remove too much.
Once I got mine adjusted right it works great. The bearings in the handles are super smooth and the rope rotates really good.
This was weighted evenly, easy to use, doesn't tangle and was a great deal.
I have other weighted jump ropes and I think this one is the best I have used yet. It is just the right amount of weight that I feel it, and you can still swing it fast. The handles are good, nice length and good grip. I am 6'2" tall and I bought the Large 5'9" 6'2" size and it is fine, no need to shorten it. Overall happy with my purchase, I have used it about 2 weeks now.
Good quality. Fast shipping